Wednesday, November 28, 2012

please don't be offended...

i am the kind of person who doesn't care what people think about me, per se, but i do care if my actions, words or behaviors offend people. i try my hardest to be tolerant and loving to those around me. i hope it's not wrong that i expect the same from others.

this is the time of year when i, a Christian woman, celebrate the birth of my Savior. i celebrate with lights, and trees, gifts and carols; all of which are centered around the celebration of Jesus Christ. i am not asking others to do the same. i am not asking others, or demanding rather, to share in the celebration. in the past, when i have said "Merry Christmas" to others, i have honestly had people yell at me and verbally bash me for "shoving my beliefs down their throats". that's not even what i am trying to do! just trying to spread cheer during such a lovely time of year. man, where is Buddy the elf when i need him!?

if you are Jewish, tell me "Happy Hanakauh". if you are African and celebrate Kwanzaa then by heck tell me "Happy Kwanzaa". if you are agnostic or athiest say "Happy Holidays". i would love it. maybe just don't yell at me if I say "merry Christmas" and not "happy holidays" to you. ok?

~hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment