Tuesday, November 27, 2012

it's tuesday!

as a mother of two i don't think i am supposed to admit this. i will surely have someone on my case if i do, but i LOVE my job. i am an american sign language interpreter. (no i don't read braille, to answer a question i am often asked. ugh)i digress. as an interpreter i get to be "the fly on the wall" in many situations. some crazy, some amazing, some terrible or sad, some incredibly joyous, but all interesting. it truly makes me grateful everyday to be able to wake up in the morning and be excited to go to work when i have to. don't get me wrong peeps, i love the kids, LOVE them (even more than my job), but i am just grateful that I have a job that i love. not to mention being bilingual is the shiz. honestly. did i mention that i get free 10 minutes massages? every two weeks or so, i do. it.is.glory. in fact, i am headed for one in about 30 minutes and i cannot wait. the yoga sesh i did yesterday was killer on my shoulders.

speaking of exercise. I am finally getting some because at 3 months old my little angel child has decided to sleep 9 hours during the night. this has given me the much needed energy to get my butt in gear and shed the last 20 lbs from my 60 lb(ack!) maternity weight gain. i am SO close to being able to fit back into my pre-preg clothes. i cannot wait! i have started waking up at 5:45 am 4 times a week to work out-by started i mean that i am starting tomorrow- and...i am running a half marathon in january. there. now that i have said it online i have to do it right? hold me to it folks. hold me to it.

i have decided that i need to wear makeup more often. i am honestly a little too comfortable going out in public without makeup. Stacy London and Clinton Kelly would be so ashamed. it's just little bits of laziness and that is something i am going to work on. can we count that as a new year's resolution? is that the most pathetic resolution you have ever heard of? "Hey there, what did you improve this year?" "i wore more blush". actually, i think it has a nice ring to it. well, that's settled then. more makeup for me.

i have a really incredible book suggestion. if you are religiously inclined might i suggest "Broken Things to Mend" by Jeffrey R. Holland. this book is incredible. it has been amazing so far, i am 24 pages in, and i have already cried 3 times. oh that Elder Holland knows how to testify! love it, love him.

is this the most random collection of thoughts ever? i beleive it is.

~hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment