Wednesday, January 2, 2013

fresh start

to start off the new year (welcome 2013!) i participated in the revolution run. it was fantastic! myself and a few incredible women that i work with woke up at 7:00 am to go and run/walk as far as we could. we were accompanied by about 400 other people with the same goal in mind. start the new year right! here's how the race worked.
you registered, decided how far you would like to go, and then you run. the track (indoor, thank heavens) was open from 8:00 am until 1:00 pm. you could run as little or as much as you wanted. medals were given to those who completed 1/2 marathons or more.
i had friend who completed their first 1/2 marathon. a friend who did their first 5k. i was inspired by so many. if you can believe it, the "winner" of the womens division ran for 5 hours and 30 seconds. she completed 34 miles! 34! i am so impressed by our bodies and what they can do. i myself completed 7.1 miles, which is one mile(ish) more than a 10k. that is the furthest i have ever gone. a new personal record! one of my many resolutions for this year is to complete at least one 1/2 marathon this year. i have my eye on the prize and i'm not letting it slip away!
i am so grateful for my friend at work who is my running sensei. she honestly is so encouraging and positive, i could have run one mile and she would have made me feel like a champion. i know, with her help, that i will be able to accomplish my goal.
so, happy new year to you all my friends. i hope your new years' day was as fantastic as mine was.

~hugs

1 comment:

  1. What a great start to the year! I wish I had been that motivated on January 1st. But I think I slept until 9:30 that day.

    ReplyDelete