Thursday, January 3, 2013

its raining blessings!

there has never really been a time in my life that i haven't felt incredibly blessed by my Heavenly Father. in short, if you might allow me to testify, i know that He loves all of us. i know that he wants what is best, and i KNOW that if we follow His advice and council that we will recieve that things that we need. this might not always be what we want, but it will for sure be what we need.

faith is one of the hardest things in the world. it is so hard to believe that everything will work out, especially when you feel like you've been kicked down so many times. But you guys, i am telling you, without any doubt in my mind, that if you wait it out and be patient through the storm and just believe that it will all work out, it will. it just will. do what's right, make good choices, serve others, be patient and the Lord will bless your life. i cannot even begin the list all of the ways that He has blessed me recently, but sometimes the greatest blessings come just after the most painful disappointments. He knows what is best for us, His timing is the best timing. i am so grateful to know that God is real and that he loves me and that he knows me and my sweet little family and all of our needs.


now that i have hit you all with that one. here are my resolutions for this year:

-read the scriptures everyday, I would like to read the Book of Mormon and the Doctrine and Covenants twice, each. If you want to know more about these books you can go here and learn more about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and what we beleive.
-pray daily
-read 60 books (i read 59 in 2012, so let's add on one more)
-lose my last 16 lbs
-buy a house (what??!!)
-run a 1/2 marathon and possibly a full marathon
-save $$(i found a really fun idea on Pinterest. any time i have a five dollar bill i have to put it in a piggy bank. at the end of the year i will count up all the fives and use it to either pay something off, or buy myself something fabulous)
-be a better wife and mother. i am so hard on myself about this topic, but this mostly just includes being more attentive, being a better listener, and just generally a better person when it comes to home life.
-write more letters and send them in the post. i have so many dear people in my life who live far away. i am not really satisfied with emails and facebook because it feels so dreary. who doesn't love receiving post?! in fact, i am hoping to get a new penpal in england very shortly (rachel from england, if you are reading this, this is you!).

it's a tall order, but i can't wait to see what i accomplish this year. happy january everyone.

~hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment