Wednesday, December 5, 2012

i run.


i heard a song in a spin class the other day. i need it in my life. i am supposed to run a half marathon in january. *insert self doubt here* this is always the part when i want to quit. the part when i feel like it is so ridiculous to even think that i could complete something like this. running for 13.1 miles? who does that for fun? i haven't been to the gym or running in almost 2 weeks. i have done workouts at home, but nothing to prepare myself to run for 2-3 straight hours. i was feeling really down about it, then i remembered the lyrics to this song.

I run for hope
I run to feel
I run for the truth
For all that is real
I run for your mother your sister your wife
I run for you and me my friend I run for life

-melissa ethridge

now, by no means do i think that my 13.1 miles will save anyones life. but i do run for hope. the hope that i can do it. i run to feel. i feel the pain and the strength, i love the feeling after a run, when my muscles are screaming out in exhaustion but i know that i did it. i run for truth. the truth that it really is mind over body. if i conquer my mind i can do anything. i run to run because i am crazy enough to love it. the doubt that clouds my mind can only last as long as i let it. january 18th i will run for me. i will run.

~hugs



No comments:

Post a Comment